Custom Search
CURRENT MOON

North Pine Dam today

Moderators: Scizz, Prof, maxi

North Pine Dam today

Postby Feral » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Ferg was gate Nazi at the dam today, so we packed up the boat and headed out for a mornings fishing after he had supervised the opening of the gate. (dont ask)

I had scrounged a dozen shrimp from Ray at the ramp, so off we headed, dropped the pots and hit the 45 minute run down to the gun bait fishing spot. Anchored up and we were into fish almost straight away, quickly getting 4 good bass on board. Ferg was a bit rusty at bait fishing for bass, not having done any for more than a year, but after missing the first two bites he hit his stride. It was looking real good, so texted Ray to pull his finger out and bring more bait! (He was in a slow boat!).
But the fish went off the chew almost immediately after that. Things were quiet until Ray showed up, he was just pulling up when we spotted two fish on the sounder, and yep , double hookup. Biggest bass of the day, a 46cm to Ferg and a 44cm to me.

That was the last fish we caught, we changed over to lures, and as usual spent the next 3 hours peppering every snag, bank and lilly pad for 5k's as we we went back up the dam for not a touch.

Picked up the pots, got 16 good sized Red Claw and headed for home.

Feral

Re: North Pine Dam today

Postby Prof » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Good to see ya back at it Feral, hard to put a good man down eh?? :biggrin: :biggrin: :fishing: :fishing:

Great photos, great scenery and fish to boot, what more could you ask for!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :funfish:

Cheers. :glug: :glug: :glug:
Soft Plastic's, cold beers, wet lines & good times!!
Prof
Site Admin

Postby Scizz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:04 am

top sesh m8,some nice bass and a lovely day to boot :clap: :thumbup:
Live every day as if it were your last.!!!!!!!!!!
Scizz
Site Admin

Postby pink nipper » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Feral,

Maybe that's it, I should be using bait instead of lures ;-)
Having fun fishing is half the fun and half the fun is all the fun there is
pink nipper

Postby Feral » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Since the dams went from 10% to 100% up here, lures have been very tough on the dams. Lilly pads and weed beds are just starting to make an appearance, so hopefully next summer It might even be worthwhile taking the lures!
Feral

Postby Prof » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Have you tried hanging over the schools and deep jigging with blade lures??? :funfish: :funfish:
Soft Plastic's, cold beers, wet lines & good times!!
Prof
Site Admin

Postby Feral » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Dont like blades, hard to get any of decent size. But yeah I have tried jigging with all manner of lures (ice jigs, blades, slugs, spinners, lipless cranks). Fish not interested. Drop a shrimp in there and its game on! Dino gets a few, but only a few, on lure , mostly jigging or trolling, neither if which is how I like like to fish. (I prefer casting lures at structure etc)
Feral

Postby evo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:24 pm

nice bass
evo

Return to Fishing reports