Custom Search
CURRENT MOON

The Bruns

Moderators: Scizz, Prof, maxi

The Bruns

Postby takrat » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:24 pm

G'Day Crew,
Anyone got an idea of what's happening in the Brunswick River at the moment. Thinking of going up maybe as far as the rail bridge next week.
JD
takrat

Re: The Bruns

Postby kingfisher » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:17 pm

I haven't been up there recently so can't comment on the fish but a note of caution about the rocks up that way. Within a couple of hundred meters downstream of the rail bridge there is a large submerged rock around about midstream that is unmarked. There are houses on the southern side of the river there (a bit of a drain/creek comes in on the other side) and it pays to keep to that souhern side. At lower tides you can pick up the rocks if you look. A bit further downstream there are other rocks but the submerged ones there are marked with a bouy.

Take care
kingfisher

Postby Prof » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:30 pm

Thanks for the heads up mate, I will take caution when we fish the State of origin, I know the area you are talking about but never realised about the rocks ??

Takrat, the river is a bit hit and miss lately but I would suggest you probe all the deep hole for a few Jew and some larger bream , but don't hit it too hard or you'll spook the fish and put them off for the weekend of the Origin.

Look forward to your report as it will help us in the origin comp, we are outnumbered by the Queenslanders so more info the better.

Cheers :glug: :glug:
Soft Plastic's, cold beers, wet lines & good times!!
Prof
Site Admin

Postby takrat » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks fella's, Prof when's the State of Origin on mate?
JD
takrat

Return to Fishing reports