Custom Search
CURRENT MOON

now the fun begins

Show us ya latest project !!

Moderators: Scizz, Prof, maxi

Re: now the fun begins

Postby Scizz » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:02 am

due to moving house and the crap weather etc i havnt been able to get alot done over the last few months but here is where i am up to.

the motor is off and the boat upsidedown,all the antifoul is gone (thank god) the keel and the very back of the bottom have had a couple of layers of glass for extra strength,just have to give it a going over with 800 or 1000 wet and dry and she is ready for a coat of paint but i wont do that until the day before i am going to paint,just quietly i am shyting myself,I have never sprayed anything with a gun before and i am using 2pac but as they say "who dares wins" and "no thrills for the cautious",well thats what i am telling myself anyway, we will see if i have won and how thrilled i am when it's finished :problem: :think: :biggrin:

IMG_2185 (360 x 480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live every day as if it were your last.!!!!!!!!!!
Scizz
Site Admin

Postby Scizz » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:14 am

while the weather hasnt been favourable to paint the boat i have been tinkering with the trailer,the little bit of rust has been removed and killrusted,the couple of week spots have been strengthened,a new set of springs + ubolt kit,new skids and a couple of coates of paint,all i need now is a set of guards and a couple of 13" rims to replace the matchbox car wheels that are on it but it is ready to put the boat back on it when it is painted.
here are a couple of before and after pics.

BEFORE
IMG_2153 (480 x 360).jpg

AFTER

IMG_2182 (480 x 360).jpg

IMG_2184 (480 x 360).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scizz
Site Admin

Postby maxi » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:27 am

trailer looks the goods m8 .. well done ..

if u need any tips in the praying (oops) spraying department give me a yell ... <: <:

i can come down and apply the finish coat if u want ....
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy cow...what a ride!"
maxi
Site Admin

Postby Scizz » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:35 am

thanks m8

i will see how i go with the primer and we will go from there : winky:
Scizz
Site Admin

Postby straydog » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:58 pm

Coat of paint did wonders for the trailer, looks good
Cheers Rob
(straydog)

Game Fishing: is going Fishing on your wifes birthday
straydog

Postby Scizz » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:07 pm

gday NCFers

well here is the progress to date:

I have put a couple of coats of primer and a couple of coats of top coat on the hull but unfortunately the paint didnt cover like the fella at the paint store told me it would so it is going to need another coat but the nieghbours are threatening to report me to everyone from Bob Brown to the Pope for spraying 2 pac in a residential area with out a propper booth but you get that when you live in greeny town,so what I am going to do is biuld the decking and gunwhales then I will give the top a couple of coats of primer and top coat at which point I will take it up to Ballina where Maxi has thankfully offered to put the finish coat on the top and bottom,your a legend M8 :thumbup: .
anyway the top has been cut off and I will be building the decking over the next couple of days,here are a couple of pics of the progress,finaly up to the stage where I have finished taking stuff out and I can start putting stuff back in,yeeeeerhaaaaar *)*

boat progress 002 (480 x 360).jpg

boat progress 003 (480 x 360).jpg

cheers
Scott
Scizz
Site Admin

Postby Prof » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Looks good mate, with that hull colour we won't be able to tell the difference between you and Fizz when you are on the water ?? <: <:

So where in Ballina are ya gunna do the painting mate?? :think: :think: ^^:) ^^:) ^^:)

Look forward to the fit out mate, can't wait!! :biggrin:

Cheers. :glug: :glug:
Soft Plastic's, cold beers, wet lines & good times!!
Prof
Site Admin

Postby Scizz » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:14 pm

yeh M8 it is a fair bit lighter than it looked in the colour chart and as you said it looks like it is gunna be the same colour as Fizz's boat,recon I am gunna get a fair bit of razzing about it but yu get that ::)) ::)) ::)) ::)) ::))

as it stands I havent asked the bloke who's house we were going to paint it at but he is an awesome bloke,a top fisho and an all round good fella ,I dont think he will mind or should I say I hope he doesnt mind : winky: : winky: : winky:
By the way can I paint the boat at your place Proff ?? :| :| :wave:
Scizz
Site Admin

Postby moses » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:20 pm

hey scrote im a spraypainter mate also have a massive shed at the inlaws if u need a place to spray it
"REAL MEN SMOKE TIAGRAS"
moses

Postby Scizz » Wed May 18, 2011 6:38 pm

righto I've finished painting,didnt come out toooooo bad,there are a few small dry spots and even though the bottom had 4 coats and the top had 3 it is still very slightly patchy due to the paint not coating as i was told it would,you cant see it in the pics but in the sunlight you can just see it.
The decking is all in,98 lt live well is built and plumbed apart from mounting the pump,back seat and all the hatches are done.
I pick up the carpet on Tuesday as well as a few other odds and ends so if all goes to plan and there are no more hold ups it should be in the water a week from Tuesday (fingers crossed).

here are a couple of pics

boat progress 18 5 11 004 (480 x 360).jpg

boat progress 18 5 11 007 (360 x 480).jpg

boat progress 18 5 11 008 (480 x 360).jpg

boat progress 18 5 11 009 (480 x 360).jpg

my next update will be the final result

cheers
Scott
Scizz
Site Admin

Postby moses » Wed May 18, 2011 8:13 pm

looking good mate i got a buff here if you like i can fix the dry patches.
"REAL MEN SMOKE TIAGRAS"
moses

Postby Scizz » Wed May 18, 2011 9:28 pm

no worries mo,thanks m8

when its finished i'll bring it up and we will go for a fish before you work your magic on the dry spots
Scizz
Site Admin

Postby moses » Thu May 19, 2011 7:15 am

lol no worries mate sounds good may have to grab some of those blades of yours nip goes on about
"REAL MEN SMOKE TIAGRAS"
moses

Postby Triton » Fri May 20, 2011 11:00 am

Scrote
The boat is looking good. It won't be too long before you are back on the water. You will have to look out for those rocks in the lake! After all the trouble you have gone to it would be upsetting to chip her!
Triton
Addicted!
Triton

Postby Scizz » Fri May 20, 2011 11:25 am

yeh Triton

m8 i think i will cry the first time i scuff it up,but it is a tournament fishing boat so I will have to get over it
Scizz
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Boat rebuilds