Custom Search
CURRENT MOON

dams

Moderators: Scizz, Prof, maxi

dams

Postby jay » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:50 pm

i'v been thinking about dam fishing latley. and how good dam fishing on seartant dams. one of my fav's is toonumbar dam. the big fish in there are 34cm. but there are planty of bass there. our best trip over there is 150+ bass in 3 sechion wich is 2 morning fishes and 1 afternoon. that was betwine paul (my dad) dizzie socite and me. now and i would like to know about your best dam fishing. :D
jay

Re: dams

Postby Scizz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:14 pm

yeh m8 that was a great couple of days
the only bad thing about it was Dizzy giving us a hard time
about him kicking our butt,it just goes to show bream,bass,jew or any fish for that matter
some people just have an ability to find and catch fish
i think he is part fish the bugger

{socite} Scott
Live every day as if it were your last.!!!!!!!!!!
Scizz
Site Admin

Postby jay » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:45 pm

yea i dont know what he was doing but jeeees he is doing some thing right and he gave it to us about it dident he the
bugger.. :x :x but i think this is my pb over there is 43cm bass (fork) over there.
Last edited by jay on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jay

Postby maxi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:50 pm

great pic jay but would be better if you could resize them in future mate ....

search pixresizer its a free download and a great tool to have and use mate

forget that heres the link ..... http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

download the current version ....

cheers maxi
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy cow...what a ride!"
maxi
Site Admin

Postby Feral » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:09 pm

Well apart from my recent Barra Trip, next best would be Lenthalls Dam a couple of years ago. 140 Bass in a week - and Tennis elbow for 18months from catching them all on a 2 kilo rod!Thats when I learnt to fish with the other arm!
Feral

Postby pink nipper » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:56 am

Jay,

I've not done alot of impoundment fishing for bass but thought I should share a quick session I had while
I was living in Cairns. I was at a place called Lake Tinaroo. I used live "Mitchell River Prawns" under a float at sunset around the dam wall.
3 x big sooty grunter, 2 x great barra and the usual asortment of freshwater ooglies. In that hour it was tight lines only and
these fish pulled harder than a freight train on what was back in those days 10 pound mono with beafed up leader. Only problem was I ran out bait.
Do yourself a favour and go north to Lake Tinaroo when you get the time, although I worn you -a few good barra and sooty grunter
on the end of your line may take the fun out of all those bass you catch around these parts at Toonanbar.
Having fun fishing is half the fun and half the fun is all the fun there is
pink nipper

Postby jay » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:23 pm

ok. but thats a bit of a trip to get there.. i think the farthest i would go is awoonga fo the barra thats still a long trip for me.. but i still like going 4 the bass at toonumbar
jay

Postby jay » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:56 pm

who is going over to clarrie hall dam this weekend to fish the bass electric :?: :?: :?: :?:
jay

Postby Feral » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Nope going the weekend after. If I had known the comp was on I would have delayed another couple of weeks.

I have had trips with large catches, but these day I rate more the trips where I get a trophy fish, or get a type of fish for the first time.
Feral

Postby jay » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:15 pm

yea the day befor the comp was good but over night the bass shut down so it was pritty hard going
:( :(
jay

Postby jay » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:52 pm

just got back from :fishing: over at toonumbar dam.. it was the worst trip over there iv ever had we had 10 bass betwine the 2 of us. we dident even get one on a surface lure :thumbdown: so its not fishing really good at the moment. hopefully its good for the bass comp over there on the 28th nd 29th
jay

Postby wog fish » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:19 pm

thats not bad fishing jay you only need two to win mate get your dad down the back of the boat for a while and you might have a better chance se you up at toonunmbar should be good
wog fish

Postby Big Native » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:07 pm

I hear you mate.!!
I was there monday for 5 hours for two fish and they were small.
Gonna be tuff fishin in a few weeks I'd say.
Regards
Big Native

Postby jay » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:46 pm

yea i hope the :fishing: is back to normal for the comp. other wise it will be realy hard.cause we only had 2 leagles.
jay

Return to dams creeks and rivers...