Custom Search
CURRENT MOON

Floating Braid

Moderators: Scizz, Prof, maxi

Floating Braid

Postby bettaman » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Does anyone find braid annoying how its floats in the air?

I fish a lot of tight spots or close to jetty pylons etc and have either thrown in near a tree to have the wind blow the braid into the limbs of the tree. Or I will throw right next to a jetty chasing some bream and have the braid float unto the jetty and get hooked around the thingie that you tie your boat too.

I noticed they have win resistant braid, does work at all?
bettaman

Re: Floating Braid

Postby pink nipper » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Bettaman you can try altering your casting action but wind and casting aint always good.
I haven't tried the sinking braid but it may have defferent casting properties
to the standard floating braids.

The last lure I lost was to my braid getting blown over the top
of a single strand of spiderweb strung across a creek bank that refused to break.
The web was high up and the lure slid down the spiderweb into a tree, got snagged
and was lost...one less Atomic Hardz :problem:

Nip. : winky:
Having fun fishing is half the fun and half the fun is all the fun there is
pink nipper

Postby bettaman » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:25 pm

lol Oh i have done the spiderweb thing too. :spider:

I got mine back, however the web turn into a small glob that couldnt be removed, not with brute force! it was a lovely time for the rest of the day as that glob caught on the rod eyes and made all my casts about 6 metres ::))
bettaman

Postby dan23 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:40 pm

It happens to everyone but you can limit this problem by feathering the line as it comes off the spool with your index finger. If you practice it you'll get a similar effect to thumbing the spool of a baitcaster and the added bonus is better accuracy. Also a quick down stroke of the rod just as the lure hits the water can flick the line down onto the water and prevent the problem somewhat as well. Also I find this will help your lure track better and dive deeper on the first few cranks rather than wind pulling the line to one side and affecting the lure's action.
The World Is My Oyster Rack

Jew - GT - Jacks - Bass
dan23

Postby Tman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Great tip Dan :thumbup:

I tend to cast further than needed and just stop the lure short on the reel with my hand..... or give a few quick winds to take up the slack as I panic :idiot:
Tman

Return to Lines and leaders