Custom Search
CURRENT MOON

THE BEST LINE I HAVE EVER SEEN

Moderators: Scizz, Prof, maxi

THE BEST LINE I HAVE EVER SEEN

Postby Scizz » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:00 am

Gday NCFers

since i was bitten by the finess lure fishing bug 5 or 6 years ago i have tried just about evey braid,gel spun or so called super P.E on the market but i always end up going back to the ever reliable fire line crystal until now,recently i added a couple of new reels to my ever growing arsenal,a Daiwa Zillion 50th and a Daiwa Certate custom finess 2004 with added bling,about the only braid i hadnt tried was varivas because of the price,the bloke i fish with most of the time { Paul Fizz Gillespie} uses varivas avani seabass [green],he said it is the thinnest for its breaking strain and very hard wearing so with the dollar up i thought i would splurge and get a spool of 16lb seabass {P.E 1.5} for the Zillion and for the Certate i thought i would try Varivas Mebaru light game in 6 lb {P.E 0.4} as it was supposed to be very thin and a step up in quality from the seabass to replace the 2lb fireline i use for whiting popping and light hards fishing as this type of fishing is turture on fireline bcause your line stays out of the water alot of the time and fireline fluffs realy bad if used dry.
the line arrived this week and i am blown away with the Varivas Mebaru it is thinner than 2lb fireline,it was by far the best line i had ever felt until i opened the other line which was supposed to be Varivas seabass but to my disgust it wasnt what i ordered,instead of 16lb, P.E 1.5 Varvas Seabass i received Varivas Seabass Maxpower 20lb ,1.5 P.E, 8 strand,when i jumped on the computer to see what they had sent me i was blown away and not so disgusted any more as the line they sent is worth almost double the the price of the line i had ordered, 150m spool costs $85 shipped from ebay and well over $100 from international online stores so i recon it would be up around the $140 mark Aus retail,needless to say i wont be sending it back,confident i would be happy with the line i pulled some off the spool to have a feel and OH MY F-ING GOD this stuff is totally insane ':' ':' ':' ':' ,its 20lb but only as thick as 6lb fire line and the feel is amazing you cant tell it is a braid it is that smoooooooth and supple and to top it all off from all reports i have read about the line it is virtually indistructable,for once i have had an Ebay stuff up in my favor YEEEERR HAAAHHH :clap: ,anyway i am taking both new reels and line for their first run in the Richmond Valley Sports Fishing Club bass comp tomoz so i will let you know how the lines go :shh:
Live every day as if it were your last.!!!!!!!!!!
Scizz
Site Admin

Re: THE BEST LINE I HAVE EVER SEEN

Postby dan23 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Yeah, when I can afford it I use Varivas for finesse stuff. I have to disagree with your mate who said Seabass was hard wearing though, there is definitely a trade off in abrasion resistance compared to fireline, but the way the line packs onto the spool and the lack of memory more than makes up for it.
The World Is My Oyster Rack

Jew - GT - Jacks - Bass
dan23

Postby Scizz » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:47 pm

no your right Dan the abrasion resistance of braid in genaral is poor but i meant it doesnt rot or fluff and seems to last a long time on the reel :thumbup:
Live every day as if it were your last.!!!!!!!!!!
Scizz
Site Admin

Postby pink nipper » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:19 am

Scrote,

Good luck in the bass comp, I think Squidgey is going in it too from memory. :thumbup:

Expensive line, but if it feels good use it. :)

Nip
Having fun fishing is half the fun and half the fun is all the fun there is
pink nipper

Return to Lines and leaders