Custom Search
CURRENT MOON

First Carp on a lure !!

from the sand to the stones..

Moderators: Scizz, Prof, maxi

First Carp on a lure !!

Postby Prof » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Well the wife was watching AFL today, ::" so me and the young fella decide it's time to go for a fish down the creek. :fishing: :fishing: ::)) ::))

Nice afternoon but there was a lot of crap on the water, :sad: tried a few cicada lures first off but with all the debris was too much time taken removing the crap from the lures. :/:

Switched to deep diving lures, I put on a DF 40 River 2 sea in a black red colour, after 2 casts I was on, but not for long ?? Whatever hit the lure smashed it like a freight train a couple of good runs then twang, snapped the leader and lost my lure. :shithits: :shithits: :sad: :sad:

So I tied on an Atomic deep diver in the blue/black silver colour with the red eye, another hour goes past for nothing, then a good cast lands right up under the trees, flip the bail arm one wind and WHAM !!! : jumping laugh: : jumping laugh:
This thing just hammered the crap out of the lure, took about 4 min's to land the bugger as I only had 4lb braid and 8lb leader , at first i thought it was a monster bass or EP by the way it took the lure, but as I get it near the bank I see it's a BLOODY CARP !!! >>: >>: , with My net man Lachlan (4yrs old ) bring me the net I was only just able to lift it one handed whilst balancing on the edge of the bank.

Here's the result....

IMAG0609.jpg

IMAG0610.jpg

It went about 50cm fork length, my PB and my first Carp on a lure !! Woohoo !! : jumping laugh: : jumping laugh: : jumping laugh:

Things went quiet after that with only 2 small Bass being landed, 29cm and 23cm approx . :funfish:

IMAG0611.jpg

IMAG0613.jpg

was a great way to spend the afternoon with the young fella. :fishing: :fishing:

Cheers. :glug: :glug: :glug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soft Plastic's, cold beers, wet lines & good times!!
Prof
Site Admin

Re: First Carp on a lure !!

Postby smackmaa » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:50 pm

At least you got rid of one solid carp out of the system. I've put a few carp into the trees along that stretch of creek towards the end of last season.. all fell to a very lightly weighted bloodworm wriggler. Solid fight, bastard to get up the bank too!
I dont understand all the crud in the water, making surface fishing nigh on impossible
Flathead 70cm --- Bream 39cm --- Whiting 40cm --- Bass 39cm --- GT 45cm --- Tailor 59cm --- Jewfish 73cm
smackmaa

Postby bigriverbass » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:54 pm

Awesome, good stuff!
bigriverbass

Postby pink nipper » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:51 am

Prof,

Good capture, it must have pulled hard, good to see
a few bass about as well. :fish:

I think the crap on the water is from the trees shedding
their old leaves and the like, some areas I've been to lately
are basically unfishable at certain times of the tide. :cry:

I trust the carp was taken home for fertilizer. :twisted:

Nip. : winky:
Having fun fishing is half the fun and half the fun is all the fun there is
pink nipper

Postby max » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Have to get it mounted for the wall in the bar Prof. :lol: .
max

Postby saratoga » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:29 pm

Great work Prof ... must get down and toss a few surface lures around ... cicadas are going off
'Toga
When I die don't let the missus sell my fishing gear for what I told her I bought it for!
saratoga

Postby Scizz » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Top stuff m8,an arvo with the oung fella and pest eradication cant ak for more :clap:
Live every day as if it were your last.!!!!!!!!!!
Scizz
Site Admin

Return to lanbased angling...