Custom Search
CURRENT MOON

hard bodies

from the sand to the stones..

Moderators: Scizz, Prof, maxi

hard bodies

Postby bulldogs195461 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:20 pm

g day all
i spent some time with my boys in your wonderfull part of the world on the weekend.we walked up and down the low tide in front of the retirement home rsl down to the boatramp flicking,we got several legal and released some smaller flatties,i would have liked to walk further around away from the boatramp area but was outvoted.as this area is the only sand flat area ive fished and im getting more confident with the sps id like to try some hard bodies here as i want get snagged everywhere,so are they ok here,also whats a general size ,wieght ,colour,id be happy for any info to help guys,just want to further my knowledge or should i just stick to the sps here,.also whats it like flicking on the otherside of these flats near the mangrove sides i decided to just stay near the rsl side,cheers john
bulldogs195461

Re: hard bodies

Postby Prof » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:56 pm

Hey mate heres a map of the area you seem to like to fish, you can generally use hard bodies anywhere, if you feel it may be too weedy or snaggy just use a shallow diver, but working the edge of sand flats at low tide use a deep diver and work it up the drop off, or deep divers around the bridge structure.

You would be best to talk to Nipper or Scrote as to what styles and colours to use, send them a PM I'm sure they'll be only too happy to help.
Also scrote sells very affordable range of lures and leaders , have a look here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scizz-Ta ... 47?fref=ts

Hope to catch up one day mate, maybe when it warms up a bit, I'll bring my young fella down the serpentine for a fish. Cheers

Bulldog fishing spots.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soft Plastic's, cold beers, wet lines & good times!!
Prof
Site Admin

Postby bulldogs195461 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:47 am

your a good man proff,thanks for taking the time to reply ,shall do re those emails.would love to hook up sometime ,these hints help as after i spend the 3hrs driving there from toowoomba and hook up with the boys its very hectic to digest it all.cheers john
bulldogs195461

Postby pink nipper » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:32 pm

If you are looking at hardbodies also include blades in your arsenal
and learn how to hop them over the sandflats.

Scrotes blades are not a bad place to start if budget is a concern
and you want something that works. Blades are a good land based
option especially on windy days but they are prone to snagging.

Have a look at the hardbodies in Ballina Bait and Tackle also Brett will
be able to show you the lures that the boys are currently using.

Nip. : winky:
Having fun fishing is half the fun and half the fun is all the fun there is
pink nipper

Postby bulldogs195461 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:11 pm

thanks pink,mate ive got some blades so will try them and ill give scrotes a bell to
cheers john
bulldogs195461

Return to lanbased angling...