Custom Search
CURRENT MOON

ill answer my own question

from the sand to the stones..

Moderators: Scizz, Prof, maxi

ill answer my own question

Postby bulldogs195461 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:15 pm

although not a local,due to visits to my kids i love to try and fish when i take the long drive to ballina from toowoomba.i tried fishing in the wakely park i think its called with no success.i wandered over to the area i mentioned(front of rsl units,near the big bridge) and walked it to no avail,i then noticed the tide was well out and there was plenty of sand flats exposed,so i went for a flick with my 1/6th jig and powerbait minnow,first cast a 20cm flatty ,thenn 20 minutes later a flatty over 43cm,unfortunatly i then had to head home ,but i was wrapt.there seem to be a few kayakers and others wandering the flats.ive tried this area before with no luck,but i think it was you proff who said it was ok,i caught my fish about 12 30 today and the tide was well out.good to be able to post a report here that may help other non-locals.cheers john
bulldogs195461

Re: ill answer my own question

Postby Scizz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:29 am

Nice work m8,would have been nice to get a bit of help from the locals lol
Live every day as if it were your last.!!!!!!!!!!
Scizz
Site Admin

Postby bulldogs195461 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:21 am

yer,im on another site called brisbane fishing online,and nothing seems to be a problem no matter how hard the questions or silly from us novices,im amazed at the responces and how generous they are.prof and pink nipper are good here,but im feeling like a leper i use this site because its a forum for like minded people,but no one seems to want to answer lol.my occassional forays from toowoomba pose no threats to your local fish stocks trust me,im still on a high landing my first flaty over 40cm,ive got pretty simple needs.actually im just trying to contribute to this site and be part of it i guess.
bulldogs195461

Postby Prof » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Gidday mate, I'm Sorry for the poor response to your questions, I would answer them If I could, I just don't get out that much for landbased sessions !!

But in future I will endeavour to make a reponse .

Cheers. :glug: :glug: :glug:
Soft Plastic's, cold beers, wet lines & good times!!
Prof
Site Admin

Postby bulldogs195461 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:12 pm

your right prof,im just trying to be part of this forums community as i said,cheers john
bulldogs195461

Postby NIGE » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:48 pm

Sorry john, I have been off air for a week or so, but as Prof said, i don't do land based so can't be much of a help, but any of the flats you can get to around Ballina will hold flathead at differant times of the year. Also try any dropoffs or deeper water near the flats. Jump on Google Earth as this is always a good way to gain info on landbase access.
Good luck for your next trip.
cheers Nige
NIGE

Postby bulldogs195461 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:21 pm

thanks nige,as i said ive seen the serpintine before ,but as it was low tide i could wander a little.mate i was spewing i had to head home after landing the flatty.im still pretty green at the caper,but thanks mate.its also tricky when i drive from toowoomba and times short its why i try to be part of these communities ,can be a great source of info.im not after peoples x spots,just nearby lol.
bulldogs195461

Return to lanbased angling...