Custom Search
CURRENT MOON

Quick Bass flick after TXT Message !!

from the sand to the stones..

Moderators: Scizz, Prof, maxi

Quick Bass flick after TXT Message !!

Postby Prof » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:59 pm

As the title says I recieved a TXT message from Nipper whilst i was in town visiting my mum, " Prof the bass R on !! "

So upon returning home, get shopping out of car have a cuppa and a quick bite to eat, then go for a flick...got down there and Nipper was no where to be seen ??

So I had a quick flick anyway, after about 10 casts with the trusty cicada with no interest, I tied on a green lucky craft popper, threw it out and second cast doing a fast retrieve through some muck on the water i got smacked big time then wham, it took the lure and started pulling hard with a few head bobs, I'm thinking EP, but no it was a sizeable bass, she went 42cm.

This was the healthiest Bass Iv'e seen for a while with striking colours and fat as, good to see there on the mend after all this dirty water in the system.

Here's a few pic's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soft Plastic's, cold beers, wet lines & good times!!
Prof
Site Admin

Re: Quick Bass flick after TXT Message !!

Postby maxi » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:57 pm

hahahah nipper must have a got a text as well ... come home nipper !!!! ^^:)

or he got the hot bite and u missed out ... ::))
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy cow...what a ride!"
maxi
Site Admin

Postby pink nipper » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:26 am

Yeh the early morning saw most of the action and it did
slow considerably towards as it grew later into the morning. :fishing:

That's a nice 42cm midday bass however, can't complain about that healthy specimen... :biggrin:

Looks like Nige and Zac have been into 'em as well.

Nip. : winky:
Having fun fishing is half the fun and half the fun is all the fun there is
pink nipper

Postby Tman » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:17 pm

With all these BIG Bass being caught of late.....I got to get me some of this action ':'
Tman

Postby bettaman » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:06 pm

professor wrote:So I had a quick flick anyway, after about 10 casts with the trusty cicada with no interest, I tied on a green lucky craft popper, threw it out and second cast doing a fast retrieve through some muck on the water i got smacked big time s.

Professor, Im new to fishing with lures. As a newbie I guess im looking for answers. One question in regards to the above is, do you think the popper made the difference or do you think it was the fast retrieve?
bettaman

Postby Prof » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:19 pm

Could be a combination of both mate, but sometimes it pays to mix up the retrieve.

Sometimes a fast retrieve indicates to the fish that the prey might get away, so it strikes faster to injure it.

Colour can have an influence, but usually the fish will strike more at a certain profile of lure, eg, cicada, minnow etc,.

I'm no expert mate, I just know what works for me.

Maybe Scrote could be of more help, or Nipper the land based legend ??

Cheers. :glug: :glug:
Soft Plastic's, cold beers, wet lines & good times!!
Prof
Site Admin

Return to lanbased angling...