Custom Search
CURRENT MOON

Bemm River

Talk about anything , drop in and have a chat!!

Moderators: Scizz, Prof, maxi

Bemm River

Postby max » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:43 pm

Camping at Bemm Rivr t/night,had a flick around the shore but very shallow,seen a 4lb bream on th wall in th pub,didt look that big but.People say its a bit quet fih wise at present,weather is excellent.
max

Re: Bemm River

Postby Prof » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Sounds like the life mate, :fishing: hope the fishing improves for you. :funfish:

My dad told me a story of many moons ago when he was a young lad staying at the Bemm river hotel, he said the inlet used to come right up behind the pub down the back yard in those days, when he arrived it was low tide so no water to speak of.
He was sitting with a mate at the bar a few hours later and the pub almost cleared out, he said to the publican what's going on ??
The publican said the tides in everyones gone down to the inlet to catch a few fish...so he and his mate went down and everyone was catching a fish a cast, all good size bream, couldn't believe his eyes. Within a matter of 2 hours it all stopped and everyone went back inside to the bar and continued drinking. They brought in about 10 buckets full of fish and gave it to the cook.

The barmen said it looks like it's fish on the menu tonight boys, so it looked like you had to catch your own dinner in those days.

My dad returned there many years later after he had retired to see if it was the same but found the pub had burnt down, he was very disappointed to say the least.

Have a great time mate.

Cheers. :glug: :glug: :glug:
Soft Plastic's, cold beers, wet lines & good times!!
Prof
Site Admin

Re: Bemm River

Postby maxi » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 pm

great story prof ....
that 4lbr would have been good max..
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy cow...what a ride!"
maxi
Site Admin

Return to Have a chat